Question

Amazon Seller Central and Customer Returns SOP

• 4 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello! We sell on Amazon (primarily Fulfilled By Merchant or FBM) and we are looking to create an SOP to handle returns. 

We would like to create a new google sheets row when a return notification arrives. 

We get a notification via email that a return authorization has been initiated, and it is also created under the order in Seller Central.

Most of the information is contained in the email (Customer order number, name, item, etc). Would it be best to 

1. Parse the information from the email (Gmail) to the Google Sheet Row, or
  2. Connect in to Seller Central Returns Report, and transfer the info from there to the Google Sheet (not seeing an easy way to do this), or
  3. Create a seperate API to retrieve the information from the report using a webhook or (?)
  4. A combination of the above 

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Edens Creative 

This article may be helpful for email parsing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Edens Creative 

Amazon Seller Central Zap app has these triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/amazon-seller-central/integrations#triggers-and-actions

You may want to explore creating a custom action with the help of AI.

Ok, thank you. I believe the ChatGPT Zapier integration would be best. Could you provide specific instructions on how to set this up? I keep getting an error. 
Here is the sample email 
Dear (Company Name),

A customer has requested to return the item(s) listed below and the request is auto authorized as per the return policies.

Order ID: #11x-xxxx538-3xxx04x
Item: (item name)
Quantity: 1
Return reason: Wrong item was sent
Customer comments: (customer comments)

Return Shipping Carrier: UPS
Tracking ID: 1XXXX214XXXXX6XXX8
Request received: 2024-01-04

Return request details: 
xxx
Order details: 
xxx
Contact the customer about the return request:
xxx

Sincerely,

Amazon Services
The specific information I need is the following, extracted from the body of the email:
-Order ID #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
-Item: item name 
- Quantity: 1
-Return reason: Wrong item was sent
-Customer comments: (comments here)
-Return Shipping Carrier: UPS - Tracking ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX467668
- Request received: 2024-01-04 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Edens Creative 

What is the error?

Best to provide screenshots to give us context about your Zap steps.

I am looking for the specific data that goes in the fields above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Edens Creative 

Try referencing the field descriptions for guidance.

It can take some trial and error to get the results as expected, so try filling in the fields and testing.

The Unstructured Text would be the email body content you want to extract data points from.