Skip to main content
Best answer

Eventbrite data being forwarded as "info requested"

• 23 November 2023
  • 58 replies

Hi everyone,

We have been using eventbrite with zapier since a while and its providing great help to our business. We have been facing an issue recently; it is not happening to any of the particular event but in general zaps are not forwarding the correct data to our app sometime.

The current flow of the use case for our business is when some-one gets a ticket from eventbrite zapier forwards us the details of the individual; we have been receiving these details at an api end-point. The issue in particular is that we some time receive data in text as “info requested” for couple of fields. I am not sure about the root cause of problem as it looks like maybe zapier not able to retrieve eventbrite data correctly or forwards it correctly.

Looking for a quick fix or help on this. 

Thanks

58 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would like to update and report that despite Eventbrite saying they reverted us back to the previous checkout experience, we are still getting “info requested” on data on some recent events.

We will now be certainly moving away from Eventbrite, we no longer trust or have confidence in the platform.

Userlevel 2

@jamesmacwhite that’s really disappointing to hear… I’ve been wondering if that would happen to us, so the fact that it has for you is not a good sign. We’ve only had one small event since they “reverted” us, and I haven’t seen any info requested, but we also have not been getting very many registrations in the past couple weeks, so they may have just been ones that were randomly excluded from that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everyone! 👋

@Danielle C - I’ve added you to the list of folks that are affected here. I can’t give any ETA’s on when it will be sorted, but you can expect an email notification from us once it’s sorted.
@jamesmacwhite - I’m so sorry to hear of the continued troubles with this. If you run into any issues in connecting an Eventbrite alternative app to Zapier please do reach out in the Community to let us know (in a new thread) and we’ll be happy to assist.

For now, our engineers have recommended the following workarounds to capture the missing attendee details from Eventbrite:

Users can work around this issue in two ways:

1. Change the configuration of their Event's Order Form to require attendee details, or use the purchaser information as interim placeholder information for the attendees. Eventbrite Support should be able to help with specific guidance on this.
  2. Set up a second Zap which uses the "Updated Attendee" trigger. This will ensure that they are able to capture Attendee information when it is provided by the customer, as well as capture changes to that information if the customer updates it before the event (this is also a configurable setting in Eventbrite).

Hopefully those workarounds will help to get things up and running for everyone affected in the meantime. 🤞

Hi,

I wanted to give you an update, though it’s not the best news.

I found a workaround to locate attendee names and emails, which helped me get through the registration process. However, I’m now facing major issues in the reporting phase. Answers for the custom questions are missing—it’s blank! 

Our funder requires demographic information via Custom Questions, and its absence from the 61 “info requested” registrants is creating a significant gap in our report, potentially affecting our numbers.

Has anyone been able to locate the answers to the Custom Questions?

Thanks for your help!

~W

Hi,

I wanted to give you an update, though it’s not the best news.

I found a workaround to locate attendee names and emails, which helped me get through the registration process. However, I’m now facing major issues in the reporting phase. Answers for the custom questions are missing—it’s blank! 

Our funder requires demographic information via Custom Questions, and its absence from the 61 “info requested” registrants is creating a significant gap in our report, potentially affecting our numbers.

Has anyone been able to locate the answers to the Custom Questions?

Thanks for your help!

~W

In exactly the same position.

It looks like Custom Questions are getting passed through the new Attendee Updated trigger, but all as one object rather than individual fields. i.e. basically useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m sorry we missed your replies here @turner59 and@nsheff!  

I’ve just checked on the bug report and it found another workaround has been added that you might want to give a try:

Add a Delay For (Delay by Zapier) action after the trigger, set to delay the Zap 3 minutes or more. Then add a Find Attendee by ID (Eventbrite) search action to retrieve the attendee details and if the custom questions and attendee details have been added, they will then be available as line items. To access the question:answer as separate fields you’d need to use a Formatter (Line item to Text) action to convert them.

Hope that helps! 🤞​​​

Badge

Hello!

This thread seems old, but just wanted to chime in: we are one org that is affected by this change/experiment/senseless feature update. I am only beginning to troubleshoot this now because our users patiently suffered before we realized that the zaps were failing.

• EB is allowing attendee request form to be skipped, and thus custom fields do not come in as they should.
  • EB is sending in Info Requested data in the zaps, and it is not clear if this happens only if the form is skipped or even otherwise.
  • Both the issues described above are rampant for “New Attendee” trigger.

In the meantime, if you use “New Order” trigger in Eventbrite, then you get two sets of data:

• User’s Name, Email: This is the profile with which a buyer has logged in
  • Attendee Profile Name, Email, Questions, Answers, Number of Attendees etc.: Here, since there may be multiple attendees per order (e.g. Clay Potter (user) registers name1, name2, name3 with potentially 3 custom form fills). 
  • I am also curious if zap will fire multiple times for a  “New Attendee”  if one order with 2 or more attendees each comes through, even though the data may not come through (at present)? Or is that functionality broken too?

The issue here is that Questions is an array of strings (since there is ONE set of questions across the board for all attendees), whereas answers is an array of either one or more arrays, depending on the Number of Attendees. 

We traditionally had this form parsed using Python - and now it seems like we will have to use the same, since there is NO pill available to map in a clean way. We are working to fix the code and will post additional findings. 

In the meantime, I am wondering if an additional question/thread should be open to discuss working with “New Order” trigger (since it’s very different from the New Attendee trigger).

If anyone has experience using New Order trigger with custom form and one form per attendee (not one form per order), then I would appreciate any tips or possible warning for pitfalls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ClayPotter 👋

Thanks so much for reaching out here. I’m so sorry your users are being affected by this too. I’ve added you to the list of folks that are still being impacted by this issue so we can notify you the minute it’s been sorted. 

Since this thread is tracking those affected by these issues with the New Attendee trigger I’d recommend creating a new post in the Community here on the topic of working with the New Order trigger.

Please do follow up in the thread here with any further findings you have regarding the issues with the New Attendee trigger here, we’d love to hear from you! 🙂