Skip to main content

I have a set of Zaps which would take submitted form information, use the information to build a URL, then submit that URL to the PDF.co HTML to PDF node to turn the content found at the URL into a PDF.

This was working until very recently when it started feeding back PDFs with only the generated URL as content instead of the actual content found at the URL.

I tested PDF.co’s URL to PDF tool and it has no issues generating the correct PDF from the URL it’s given, so appears likely that there’s an error going on where Zapier is passing the URL as HTML content instead of as a URL. I can see in the Zap history that this appears to be the case as it shows “html: https://hrest of url]” in the log for the module,

It looks like the URL and HTML input field is the same field in Zapier? Is there a way to force the field to be recognized as a URL instead of being treated like HTML?

Hi @RBrunskill 

For us to have more info, post these:

• screenshots showing the DATA IN/OUT from the steps in your Zap Runs having issues
  • screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings

Data In:

Full content of html field:

https://sportgroup-techhub.com/wp-content/plugins/apt-color-selector/views/image-only.php?court=track&tracklanes=black&exchangezones=signal green&sidezones=black&jumplane=black

Data out:

Full content of the url field:

@RBrunskill 

This might be something for @PDF.co_API Support to look into.

@RBrunskill 

Possible workarounds to check/try:

Zap Action: PDF.co - Anything to PDF Converter

Zap Action: PDF.co - Custom API Call

Switching to using “Anything to PDF Converter” fixed the issue. It definitely seems that the HTML to PDF converter is no longer able to discern between HTML and a URL, even though it says you can input either.

@RBrunskill 

Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developer using the Zapier Developer Platform.

I’d recommend reaching out to PDF.co Support for help troubleshooting their Zap app integration and APIs.