Skip to main content

Hi,

Two days ago, my automations using the API Request function of Monday.com stopped working on multiple Zaps. I am getting a 500 Error; however, Monday.com indicates no outages AND these API requests were perfectly fine when I throw them into Monday.com’s developer sandbox.

The API Request is actually incredibly simple, and straight from one of Monday.com’s API examples. I am just finding the item ID by searching the name of the item.

query {
boards (ids: xxx) {
items_page (query_params: {rules: l{column_id: "name", compare_value: l"Test Project Ignore"], operator:contains_text}]}) {
items {
id
name
}
}
}
}

Any thoughts? I know 500 is usually indicative of an issue on Monday.com’s end, but the developer community over there seems to be just fine. Thanks so much for any advice.

Hi @Meatbagz 

If your Zaps are ON, then check the live Zap Runs here: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Check the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

Check the LOGS tab to see the underlying API request/response to help you troubleshoot.

Thank you for the response @Troy Tessalone 

It is a fairly simple 500 status code. The requests/responses were fine for a couple months with daily usage. They have just started getting this response two days ago.

@Meatbagz 

Can you post screenshots showing the API Request info for the Zap Run with an error?

Data In

Data Out 1/4
Data Out 2/4
Data Out 3/4
Data Out 4/4

My apologies, I forgot to tag you @Troy Tessalone but no rush and thank you for the help.

@Meatbagz 

Looks like you need to escaped some of the query values.

Replace instances of XXX with your dynamic variables.

{
"query": "query { boards(ids: XXX]) { items_page(query_params: { rules: { column_id: \"name\", compare_value: \"XXX\"], operator: contains_text }] }) { items { id name } } } }"
}