Skip to main content

Hello, I have my Zap set up to take the latest entry from my RSS feed and post it to Facebook. The error happens when I try to test the Zap, I get the error:

Failed to create a page_stream in Facebook Pages

Could not get the access_token for this page. Please reconnect your Facebook account to Zapier and ensure you have admin permissions for this page.

Click on the Troubleshoot tab below or learn more in our help center.

I have tested the Facebook connection multiple times and there isn’t an issue.

I have a similar Zap set up already for another Facebook page and it’s working no problem. 

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated!

Hi there @rednet78,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Configure” section of the action step that shows all of its fields.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Here are a couple of screenshots, one of the configuration screen and one of the screen showing the error

Hi @rednet78,

This error usually occurs when the permissions for the Facebook account connected to Zapier are not set correctly.

Here's how you can check the permissions:

You can refer to this help document: How to get started with Facebook Pages - https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495933127693-How-to-get-started-with-Facebook-Pages#about-app-s-app for help checking the permissions that are required.

Once those have been updated, be sure to add a new connection here - https://zapier.com/app/connections so Zapier picks up the new settings. Then ensure the new account is selected in the Zap.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

I followed the steps and I’m still receiving the error:

Failed to create a page_stream in Facebook Pages

Could not get the access_token for this page. Please reconnect your Facebook account to Zapier and ensure you have admin permissions for this page.

Click on the Troubleshoot tab below or learn more in our help center.

I have admin level access to the page. This works fine on my other Zap, but this new Zap is giving me nothing but problems

Hi @rednet78,

I’m just wondering if you could re-create a new Zap with the same format that you have now? It seems that there is some bug with the current Zap that you are using. Let us know if that helps you fix the issue. Thank you.