Skip to main content

Hello! I really hope someone can help me with this, I’ve talked to 3 agents and no one has been able to help me. 

My 2 platforms connected are Zoho CRM and Text Request. 

This is how my CRM works: We have 3 touch points to nurture leads and we change them by lead status, this can be “Contacted 1”, “Contacted 2” and/or “Contacted 3”, which just means that that person has been contacted 1-2-3 times. 

We usually send a text manually to make the contact point but I want this to be automated with Zapier, so what I would like to do is that every time this lead status section is changed to it’s next “Contacted” (for example from Contacted 1 > Contacted 2) for an automatic message to go out. 

I already did this and it worked perfectly, the problem is that I added it as a “New lead/Updated lead” and every time something else in my CRM is updated, like the person’s name or a date,  it sends out another text and so on. 

How can I filter this to only trigger once? Not every time something is updated. 

PS. I also tried “New Module Entry” and it doesn’t work.

Hi @Admin APC 

Try using another field in Zoho CRM to mark that the lead was contacted via the Zap, so you can filter on that.

Filter: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Concept:

1. Trigger: Updated Module Entry
  2. Action: Filter
    1. Check conditions that entry has not been contacted yet
  3. Action: Text Request - Send Message
  4. Action: Zoho CRM - Update Module Entry
    1. Indicate entry was contacted (1,2,3)