Question

Zap Setup - User Already Exists

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am connecting my CRM (Active Campaign) to a learning management system (FreshLMS.) 

Whenever there is a contact added to a CRM list I want them to be added to the LMS and signed up for a class. 

I have a ZAP that goes 

-Whenever a contact subscribes to the CRM list
-The contact is created in the LMS
-The new contact is assigned to a specific course in the LMS

the issue is that when the contact already exists in the LMS it errors out with a “Error parsing response. We got: "xxxxx@hotmail.com This email address already exist"(4 errors)”

I get why it’s happening, tho how should I structure the zap so it doesn’t error out and successfully subscribes them to the course? 

Thx,
Michael

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TallMikey 

It appears that FreshLMS invite only beta Zap app integrations has limited Actions available and 0 Searches available.

Many apps have a Find or Create Search action available which would be ideal for your use case.

Perhaps configure Paths in your Zap: 1 Path if no error, and 1 Path for error.

Hi @Troy Tessalone thanks so much! I am right with you and get  this in concept. I see where you create the path and have the two branches of logic. Do I do it in the same ZAP as where I try to add the contact? And how / where do I put the error catching? For example I checked it out quickly and it seems as if it points back to a field…

Thx in advance!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TallMikey

The Path Filter logic would be to check if some value is returned (say the Member ID) since an error won’t include that value.

For example, Member ID “exists” (as the middle operator) VS Member ID “does not exist” (as the middle operator).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TallMikey!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our moderator had sent you. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)