Skip to main content

So, my idea is to automate a daily task.

An Data-Output from a previous Zapier-Step has to be written to a Website. Thought about using a Scraper-Tool… The Tool has to login on the website, click two buttons and then put the Data into a input field and click another button.

It´s easy to use browse.ai (4example) to extract Data from a webpage but I didn't find a solution with the tool for the other way around (input data to a page)…

Any Ideas?

Please excuse my bad english!

Thanks 4 your help guys.

Hey @BennetEbbes thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the need here is to get scraped data back into a website. That is going to depend on the website host, how your data is laid out, and the type of data it is. 

And as a bonus, if you’re looking for a scraping solution supported by Zapier, this is one I have recommended in the past: https://zapier.com/apps/octoparse/integrations

I hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction! We’re here if anything else comes up. 🙂

Hey @jesse thanks for your quick response!

Unfortunately, the webpage where the data has to go isn't mine and is “fixed” - so the Tools you mentioned above (tanks for that!) won't be the solution. Octoparse is great but only to extract data from a site, not for sending Data.

The only way I see here is with a tool that sort of “auto clicks” and puts Data from a previous Zapier-Step onto the webpage in a specific text-field. The other way would be coding I guess… no idea about that :D

Again: Thanks for your help and support!

Have a great day!
Bennet

Aw man, I’m sorry to hear those won’t work!

I’m eager to hear if anyone in the Community has any another nifty solutions to recommend. 

Keep us posted if you end up finding a solution on your end - we’d love to hear it. 🙂