Skip to main content

Hi!

My zap uploads a submitted image collected by the wpform to an s3 bucket and the info submitted to my rds db.  I want to insert a wpforms zap where the action event is to grab the rest of the metadata that wpforms is collecting (that isn’t part of the form) like geolocation and time/date, and include that in the information that gets uploaded.  I don’t seem to see an option for that.  Is there a simple ZAP way to do it that doesn’t involve an API?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi @PMalmont 

You can likely configure a webhook from WPForms with all the desired data points using the Webhooks Addon.

https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-install-and-use-the-webhooks-addon-with-wpforms/

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

That will generate a unique URL to configure in WPForms.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I looked into that but the annual cost of the elite subscription that gets me webhooks (which would work) is nearly $600 - way more than I want to spend to have one function.  So there’s no action item in the zap wpforms module I’m overlooking like "Get Entry" or "List Entries" action that I could utilize? 

Thanks,

Paul

Hi there @PMalmont,

Unfortunately, the WPForms app does not currently support fetching entries. To make this workflow possible, you will need to use the WPForms API (if the API for getting entries is available). You can achieve this by using either Webhooks by Zapier or API Request (Beta).

8872d830420b8d5be691ee4e96c47409.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I will give the API a shot and let you know.

Thanks!

Paul

Hi @PMalmont!

How did you get on with this? Were you able to get the missing metadata for the form entries using either a Webhooks or API Request (WPForms) action?

Want to make sure you’re all sorted, so please let us know whether you need any further help or not on this! 🙂