Skip to main content

I have a step that creates a duplicate of our company’s bid sheet which is a google sheet. This is done for each client, then once the bid sheet is filled out it needs submitted which will trigger the data within to be placed in a docusign template and sent for signature. I’d like to trigger from within the google sheet via a dropdown which the salesman will select to send the document.

The short of it is that I need the zap to trigger from the duplicated sheet, however when setting up the trigger the file ID needs to be defined. I can grab the duplicate’s file ID at the time it’s duplicated and post it to a Table row (table within zapier) Can I then use that table as the trigger that will serve as the intermediary between the duplicated sheet and the zap that will send the docusign document? - in a sense triggering the trigger?

Thanks!

Hi @DevRL 

If you want to trigger from the duplicated GSheet, then you would need another Zap using that new GSheet in the trigger step.

Otherwise, you have to explore using more advanced approaches such as scheduled API requests to look for new data or Zapier Functions.