Best answer

Receive Data Back from AWS Lambda

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to receive data back from an AWS Lambda?  If so, how?  

I’ve created a Lambda that returns an object, but I cannot figure out how to format things so Zapier will show the “results” form my function call.  

At the moment, my zaps that run show no “output” or results from the lambda calls.  

It makes me suspect it’s not a supported feature.  

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 May 2023, 17:20

View original

2 replies

I just found my answer.  It’s not supported. 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496028033933-Common-Problems-with-AWS-Lambda

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @clint, welcome to the Community! 👋

Ah, yes that’s correct. It’s not currently possible to see the results of a Invoke Function action at present. I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to to the existing feature request that’s open for that. I don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as it is. 

In the meantime, as noted on that help article you referenced it might be possible to implement a workaround where you have one Zap that ends with the "Invoke Function" action and another Zap that triggers on a webhook to continue the workflow. You'd want to set up your Lambda function to send the result to the webhook URL provided in the trigger. If you’ve not triggered Zaps from webhooks before I’d recommend checking out our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide for more details.

Hope that helps! 🙂