Skip to main content

Is it possible to have a zap run pause until action is taken that tells it how to continue? For example, say we have a contact being added to a CRM, but a search step on a Google Sheet returns a potential match to an existing contact (different email addresses but a phone number match). I would like to be able to notify someone on our team that this may be a duplicate contact, and give that person the ability to say yes it is (which would end the zap run so they can manually decide which fields to update) or no it’s not (which would continue the zap run). Is this at all possible?

Hi @wolfpackaustin 

Article about how to create an approvals table using Zapier Tables: https://zapier.com/blog/create-approvals-table-with-zapier-tables/

@Troy Tessalone That was a very insightful post, thank you for sharing! Another thought I had after reading through it is if it’s possible to have the approval/rejection step happen outside of Zapier. For example, I may want to set this up for a team member who spends a majority of their time on the road and not in front of Zapier. It’d be great if I could trigger an email or slack message to them that has buttons in it to approve or reject. Do you know if that is possible? Or can it only be done within Zapier’s platform?

@wolfpackaustin 

Possible, yes, even using other apps but those approaches are more involved in terms of tech and logic to configure.

If you are providing a link to a user that link has to redirect somewhere.

If you are providing buttons to a user those have to be configured to do something, possibly on the front end and back end.

Plus, keep in mind, what would/should happen if the user clicks a link or a button multiple times.

@Troy Tessalone Great point about users clicking a button multiple times. What seems like a simple thing could potentially throw off the entire process if protections aren’t put in place, which just adds more layers of complications. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective!