Best answer

Issue with Zap Creating "New Person" in Pipedrive from a Squarespace Submission Form

• 3 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi there! Hope you all are well––

I’m having a bit of an issue creating a Zap between the applications Squarespace (website creator tool application) and Pipedrive (Scheduling and Organization creator tool application). I am (hopefully) asking this in the proper place but if I’m not and could be forwarded to the correct place let me know, thanks!

What I am trying to do is create a Zap that creates a new person contact in Pipedrive when someone submits a form to our Squarespace website. The problem I’m having is that one of the responses on the Squarespace submission form is not appearing within the Zap as data that can be placed in the new person contact in Pipedrive. For context, the fields I’m struggling to connect are a “Messages (open text box)” question on the Squarespace form, and the “Notes (open text box)” input within the Pipedrive contact information.

I initially thought perhaps this was an issue of there not being transferrable options between the form and the options for inputting a contact, but after fiddling with it I still can’t make sense of it. If you have any recommendations, please let me know––

Thanks a million!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 4 February 2022, 17:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Graham D 

Since the squarespace form trigger is instant, you may be limited to only certain fields when loading sample data as opposed to what is actually sent in a live run. 

Usually, what i recommend in this scenario is to configure what you can of the zap. Then turn it on and fill out the form. You will then be able to go to Zap History and see all of the data that was sent. 

From there, if you see the message field, you can use pill mapping to get in configured in your Zap. 

i hope that helps!