Skip to main content

Hi Zapier Community,

I'm working on automating content updates on my WordPress website using Zapier, and I could use some help with a specific use case.

I want to dynamically update names and email addresses on a specific WordPress page. The data (names and email addresses) is stored in Zapier Tables, and my goal is to have Zapier pull this information and update it on a designated section of the page automatically.

While I can set up the Zap to trigger when new or updated rows in Zapier Tables are detected, I’m struggling with how to target and update a specific element (e.g., a div, section, or table) on the WordPress page. Is there a way to specify which part of the page gets updated?

Here’s a breakdown of my use case:

• Data Source: Zapier Tables with names and email addresses.
  • Goal: Insert this data into a specific section of an existing WordPress page.
  • Problem: I’m unsure how to target that specific element on the page. Can I use CSS selectors, shortcodes, custom fields, or some other method to define the exact location where Zapier should insert the data?

I’m familiar with basic Zapier actions like "Update Post" in WordPress, but this updates the entire content of the page. I need more granular control over which section of the page gets updated.

Has anyone successfully implemented something like this? Any advice on how to specify the target element on the WordPress page or post would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Hi @JP1846,

Welcome to the Community.

Zapier's WordPress integration can't directly target specific elements like divs or sections on a page, but there are workarounds. You can create custom shortcodes that pull data from custom fields, which Zapier can update. Alternatively, you can use WordPress's REST API to update specific page sections via webhooks. Plugins like Advanced Custom Fields or Pods also allow for dynamic content creation by using custom fields and post types, which Zapier can update. Testing your Zaps thoroughly is essential to ensure they work as expected.

Let us know if this helps you jump-start your Zap.