Best answer

How to parse an incoming string??

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!! 

I am trying to update a ticket in Zendesk from a ticket in Connectwise. Upon a new Ticket creation I am putting the Zendesk Ticket ID in the “summery” line of the Connectwise ticket. Now when I try to search that string to find the Zendesk ticket, I am using the summery line but I really need to parse the ticket ID from that string. 

Are there any string parse methods available like in c#?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 June 2020, 17:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there!

It looks like you’ve been in touch with our Support team and they sent over a suggestion about this. Did their response help at all with your issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mano1192!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Mano1192 

We just wanted to check in here! It looks like my colleague Cameron on our support team got back to you and said: 

Looking at your Zap, I can see that you have statically entered text into the "Find a ticket in Zendesk step":

f4b5b48a16260a4c239bf9f88ddda46f.png

This means that "description:" will be attached to whatever value is passed from your ConnectWise summary field and included in your search term. Is this what you want? If not, you will need to erase "description:" and leave just the field you've mapped from ConnectWise. I wanted to point this out and it could result in unexpected behaviour.

As for your ticket ID, it looks like the wrong field has been mapped. It looks like you might want the "Ticket" field.

Did that help to get things working for you? Let us know!