Skip to main content

Hi hi! I want to update the Zap I set up between Mercury and Slack. So the workflow trigger now, is that when a new transaction is settled, it pings a notification to a shared channel on Slack. My objective is to build a Zap that only notifies of when an inflow settled in our Deposit Mercury bank account, and ignores the checking account activities and also any outflows.

The caveat is that the Mercury has two accounts associated, so it will display all the activity in there as well.. I don’t see a way to solve this even by using Path by Zapier or Filter by Zapier. Is there a way to solve this? Looking forward to getting some advice! TIA

Hi @Zapzappityzap 

To use a Filter condition, there would need to be a data point in the data returned from Mercury that indicates the account.

Hey there, @Zapzappityzap! 👋 

Were you able to get the filter set up to only allow the Zap to continue if the settled transaction was from the desired Mercury account? 

If not, looking at the fields returned from the Settled Transaction trigger it appears that there’s a Bank Description field but it’s not clear from Mercury’s API documentation whether that would contain the name of the specific bank account the it settled in. If it doesn’t, then I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to put in a new feature request for the ability to select a specific bank account to watch for new settled transactions in. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Please do let us know how you’re getting on with this! 🙂