Question

How do I prevent duplicate deals by merging contacts under the same company in HubSpot?

• 22 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I set up a Zap to trigger when there are new contacts in a HubSpot list, merging contact and company name properties into a deal.

However, this has led to many duplicate deal names (merged deal name is {Source type}_{Company Name}), as it's quite possible to have data for different contacts from the same company.

I would like to know if there's a way to merge under the same company and associate multiple contacts, so that only one deal is generated instead of multiple deals being created.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @awoo_BD,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I believe using the “Create Associations” action for HubSpot is the best fit for your workflow.

a71ac8893572a9afe66e41d09802017a.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks for reply!
I understand that Associations can be used to link multiple contacts to a single Deal.

However, what I find challenging is how to prevent the creation of duplicate Deals, as it seems that a Deal must be created first before Associations can take place.😵

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @awoo_BD 

Try this Zap action: HubSpot - Find/Create Deal