Skip to main content

I'm trying to create an Email Draft with boilerplate text with certain variables replaced based on a Google Form submission. One of the variables is a URL link based on a combination of 3 different answers on Google Forms. There are 24 different possibilities (24 different URLs).

So far I have the email formatted correctly and coming through to my zoho mail. However, I’m now trying to get the url part inserted...

I've been trying to use ChatGPT and the built in AI in Zapier. Based on both of those it sounds like I need to use Formatter > Lookup Table>Concatenate to combine those 3 data points together first, then somehow generate the url text based on those (not clear on that yet) then use Find & Replace.

However, I’m stuck on the Formatter > Lookup Table>Concatenate part as Concatenate is not an option for me under the Transform field of the Formatter. Am I missing something?

Hi @Brandon Levi,

Welcome to the Community. 

In order to attach values in Zapier using the Formatter app, try these steps: First, add a Formatter step and select "Text" as the transformation type. Choose "Combine Text" for the operation and input the variables from your Google Form you want to attach. You can specify a separator or leave it empty for no space. The output will be your attached result. To generate URLs based on combinations, add another Formatter step and select "Lookup Table." Use the attached result as the Lookup Key and fill in the table with your combinations and their corresponding URLs. This setup can become complex with many possible answers, requiring custom coding for advanced needs.

Thanks for the reply. I am getting hung up at the Transform field within the Formatter. When I’m using the built in AI helper it tells me to select “Concatenate” and i even tell it to go ahead and fill it in for me but Concatenate isn’t an option there and it keep throwing an error (see attached screen shot). I also tried typing in “combine” and nothing like that is found.

Hi there @Brandon Levi,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Configure” section of the action step/s that shows all of its fields.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hey @Brandon Levi 👋

Not sure if you’re already got this sorted but just came across this and wanted to clarify that there is no “Concatenate” or “Combine Text” transform option available for Formatter.

Instead of using Formatter you might want to explore using a Code step instead. It’s a bit more advanced but it has a Generate with AI feature you can use which will write the code for you! You can learn more about that feature here: Generate a Code step using AI (Beta).

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on setting that up or have further questions do let us know. And if you found an alternative solution please share some details of it, we’d love to hear from you! 🙂