Question

How do I implement manager review and editing for employee orders before vendor notification?

• 23 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey, I am making a bot that would collect employee orders on items that need to be restocked in a workplace; since many employees can access this bot, a manager should be able to see and double-check the orders. My bot collects data and sends a text message to the vendor placing an order for the items, but what I would want is to postpone the message being sent and then allow the manager to see the message before it gets sent out and even edit it from google sheets to make sure the right things are ordered. 

For instance, I am a worker who placed an order for 100 apples; before the vendor gets this order request, the message is sent to the manager for review. The manager might disagree and say we need 200 apples, so what I want him to be able to do is go to Google Sheets, where the message is stored, and edit it so that the final message is correct before it goes to the vendor. 

I tried doing it so that Zapier uses data from sheets rather than data collected initially. Still, even if you edit it, Text Magic sends out the original message. 

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks for you time!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @osmonAI 

Good question.

Check out this related article: https://zapier.com/blog/create-approvals-table-with-zapier-tables/