Skip to main content

I’m trying to use Zapier to add my TeamUp events to a calendar/database in Notion. However, I can’t seem to figure out how to deal with recurrent events from TeamUp. 

My first attempt of using start and end date in the date fields, creates long events from the start date of the first occurrence to the end date of the last occurrence … which is the opposite of helpful.  

I do understand why that is the behaviour though, so I went looking for other options and I saw there is a “recurrence instance start date” too, but no corresponding end date … and there’s no if/else option in Zapier to set the date to start date if not recurring, recurrence start date if recurring or to only trigger with recurring events (in order to split it into two zaps). 

So … my question, am I missing something, or is the only nice way to fix this, to pay for the premium plan and make a multistep/path type zap? 

Hi @Sara_B,

Welcome to the Community.

The main challenge in handling recurrent events from TeamUp in Zapier when adding them to a Notion calendar is managing start and end times for recurring and non-recurring events. Without premium features like Paths, you can create two Zaps for non-recurring events using the standard start and end date fields and another for recurring events using the "Recurrence Instance Start Date" with a Formatter to calculate the end time. Premium users can simplify this with multi-path Zaps, handling both events in one workflow.

Let us know if this helps you jump-start your process.