Question

Error trying to connect a blog RSS to Webflow

• 25 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone!

I'm having an issue trying to connect a simple blog RSS feed to Webflow and couldn't find a topic here covering this problem.

When I'm the final step of the connections between the RSS fields and the CMS collection fields there's an Item (required) that I don't know what to connect to. It's not a field on my CMS Webflow collection nor an item from the RSS.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 09.55.35.pngIf I try to connect it to the ID RSS field for example I'm getting this error:

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 09.59.31.pngThanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @rodrigoleles happy to help with that! That field is just asking what you'd like to name this item. If you click on the "+" next to the field, you will be able to choose data from a previous step to include here. Does that get things working for you? Let us know!

Userlevel 2

Hey @jesse thanks for the reply!

What is happening is that even when I choose one of the available items from the RSS I still see the error. Here's a video showing the problem with details: https://streamable.com/0xy16

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @rodrigoleles ,

Circling back here to see if you are still experiencing an issue with the RSS or if your Zap is good to go! Just let us know and we can post the resolution or dig deeper here!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Liz_Roberts thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I could not find a way to use the zap as described in this thread so I had to find another solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rodrigoleles That’s great you found another solution to the issue! Would you be up for sharing where the limitation was and what solution you were able to implement? Let us know!