Skip to main content

I’ve seen some conflicting information about the line item support for creating journal entires.

Can I can some kind of a definitive answer, and if the answer is yes, an example or two would be awesome!

Hi @dxg190,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like the “Create Journal Entry” action in QuickBooks Online now supports line item. Have you tried this on your end?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hi @ken.a 

I tried it but didn’t have much luck -- plus the zap action doesn’t have any kind of an indication that it does in fact support line items like some of the other quickbooks actions do.

Is it possible to have an example or two shared?

Hi @dxg190,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the QuickBooks Online action step in the “Configure” section that shows all of its fields.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

@ken.a I wil try to send a screenshot.

I know the QBO configuration works just fine as I’ve been using it for other zaps.

Is there any detailed instructions on how to use the zap that i can use to follow or on line items?

Hi @dxg190,

Unfortunately, there is no detailed help article on the QuickBooks Online configuration. The field should have an outline when setting up the “Create Journal Entry” action step. Like so:

47fa0c95efceed611d30cbd1aef072c6.png
(view larger)

That’s the indication that it supports line items.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @ken.a   I’m not clear about what it should look like as it looks the same as it did months ago when I first started looking at the action, before it supported line items.

In any case, I will work to try to recreate a zap and if it fails, I’ll post in what i’ve done along with the error.

Thanks for your help. 

Thanks for letting me know @dxg190! Please keep me updated regarding this one.

Thank you!