Best answer

Dates

• 12 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

When I try to set up a zap that puts an event en my google calendar, from microsoft to do, it shows up on the date and time I created the task, and not the due date,even though I set the start date to “due date” .

Anyone have an idea what goes wrong?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 January 2021, 13:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of your Zap step configurations.

Make sure you are mapping the correct data point from Microsoft To-Do to GCal.

Userlevel 1

It’s strange. The deadline is set to friday the 16.okt but the duedate that zapier extracts is 15.okt at 22.00.

The reminder time is set to 15.00 tomorrow but the time zapier extracts is 13.00 tomorrow 

Userlevel 1

Can anyone figure out what I do wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Linaz 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

Actually I gave up and just accepted that the reminder come the night before it's due

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Linaz it sounds like this is a timezone issue:

It’s strange. The deadline is set to friday the 16.okt but the duedate that zapier extracts is 15.okt at 22.00.

The reminder time is set to 15.00 tomorrow but the time zapier extracts is 13.00 tomorrow 

The Zap is consistently setting the date in Google Calendar as 2 hours earlier than it should be, which tells me that there’s an issue in the way that the time is being passed from one app to the next.

Timezone issues can be tricky to troubleshoot as the change in time can happen both because of timezone of the Zap and as a result of the way the data is transferred between apps.

The first thing to check is the timezone that the Zap uses. To do that, check the Zap details. To get to the Zap details, you can either click the ‘i’ icon on the Zap on the list of Zaps in a folder or in the Zap editor:

7c8dcdaaa2690ad44faee65d9c82d6fc.png
(View image larger)

7dfe08a7ada2e86eea8901313b0ead13.png
(View image larger)

In the Zap information you can view and change the timezone for the Zap:

dc55a400eda4063da7cb412097dd36fd.png
(View image larger)

You’ll want to make sure that the timezone of the Zap matches your timezone. If it already does, or changing the timezone doesn’t fix the issue then the trouble is likely to be in the way that one app is passing the time to the other.

This is harder to diagnose and you’ll need to add a Formatter step to convert the time/date to fix it. If you’d like to dig into that then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team so that they can take a closer look at your Zap with you. You can contact them using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help