Skip to main content

Below is a transcript of the conversation i had with the Zapier AI about this subject. Does anyone know if this is possible to achieve? 
___
“is it possible to setup an automation that doesn't require paths for dynamic account sending. Here's an example: if field_a = x, then I want to send information from zap connection A (EX: Gmail Account A), if field_a = y, then I want to send information from zap connection B (EX: Gmail Account 😎. These would be different accounts for the same action. (I would have shareable access for each account I'm wanting to send the information from.)”

“Yes, you can achieve this by using a single Zap with a filter step to check the value of field_a and then use different Gmail actions with the appropriate account connections based on the filter results.”

“right but wouldn't the different gmail actions require the "paths" function in Zapier to achieve this effect?”

“Yes, using Paths is the most straightforward way to handle different Gmail actions based on conditions like field_a values, as it allows you to branch your workflow and use different account connections accordingly.”

“if I have 25 different accounts based on 25 different variations of field_a, is there a way to more dynamically choose which account to use in a single zap step without spreading out into multiple paths?”

“Currently, Zapier doesn't support dynamically selecting accounts within a single step without using Paths. You would need to set up a separate path for each account or consider using a code step to handle the logic if feasible.”

Hi @risemodernwellness 

May depend on the specific app being used.

If you are using app APIs, then you can dynamically use variables to indicate the API keys, IDs, etc.

Some Zap app options: