Best answer

Can't get CSV Import to work

• 10 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone.

I am very new to Zapier and am trying to create a zap which would take a .csv attached to a mail sent to my gmail and to automatically import the contents of the .csv into a google sheets document. This is basically what is discussed in this thread.

The problem is that I am unable to make this work and I am unsure what I am doing wrong. When testing the formatter import csv step the csv_text simply returns the title of the csv and the line_items are empty. This then makes the final google sheets step not work. Do you have any clue as to why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 February 2021, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VilleKarlin 

can you please share screenshots of how you have zapier set up? 

Thanks!

Hi,

I got the same issue.

I have retrieved a csv file (“test123.csv”, see attached) from google drive and want to use the Zapier Formatter Utilities-action to import the file into a google spreadsheet. But when testing the action the output won’t show any values from the CSV file.

csv_text only shows the filename

line_items are empty

Does someone have an Idea what could be wrong here?

Many Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Lord_Mueksch!

Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like you’ve mapped the wrong field to the CSV File field. You’ve added the title of the file, rather than the file itself.

You’d be looking for something like, instead (source): 

Can you give that a shot to see if it works?

Hi @nicksimard,

you are totally right!

Selecting “File” makes much more sense and it works like charm now :wink:

Many thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Lord_Mueksch!

Glad it was a simple fix — thanks for confirming :)