Skip to main content

I am attempting to build a zap that will perform a one-way sync between Airtable and Google Sheets. The goal is to have a google sheet mirror an airtable view.

In my specific use case, I need to do this so that a set of sheets mirrors a set of views. I’ve given this one Zap  I built a lot of thought and couldn’t think of anything better than this:

The problem with the way I’ve set this up is that:

• I believe records deleted from a view aren’t added or updated and so the google sheet mirroring the view will be unable to remove a the row corresponding to the deleted record.
  • The “delete row” action in Zapier doesn’t actually delete the row, but clears it. This creates a spreadsheet that may have cleared rows in the middle of non-empty rows.
  • May still lead to having duplicate rows corresponding to a single Airtable row, breaking the logic of the mirror.

Has anyone else attempted something like this or has some sort of more elegant solution than the engineered zap above?

Hi @Immigrants Rising Admin 

Good question.

NOTES

• To avoid duplicates, you should include the Airtable Record ID on the GSheet Row in a Column
    • Formula Field: record_id()
    • That can then be used to find/create + update
  • The Airtable Zap app doesn’t have a trigger for Deleted Record
    • That means you’d have to configure a workaround using an Airtable Automation to Delete the Airtable Record and then trigger a Webhook to be sent to fire a Zap to then delete the GSheet Row.
      • Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
  • Action: GSheets - Delete Row
    • Only deletes the data in the row, not the row
    • You would have to use the GSheets API to delete a row.