Best answer

Adding paths in an existing Zap

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have an existing Zap that starts with a filter from a year ago or so with quite a few steps afterwards (10+). Now I want to change the filter into a path so that the scenarios that were filtered out still lead to some actions/steps.

It seems like you cannot add paths in the middle of your Zap, nor move steps to another place within the Zap. What would be my options (that do not include “rebuilding everything”) to add a path in my Zap?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 February 2021, 16:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MarijnVerdult 

You could add a webhooks action step to send data to another Zap that is triggered by a webhook.

https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MarijnVerdult!

I’m afraid for the time-being, what Troy suggested would be your best bet. Lots of improvements are coming to how the editor works with Zap steps (moving, duplicating, etc) but right now it’s limited, so Troy’s recommendation would probably be the easiest workaround. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@nicksimard just seeing this now. Well we would add js/python code as app in between and based on the return statement you can either filter or break. This makes huge zaps later adjustable. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks all!

@Troy Tessalone - is there an easy way to take all of the output of the trigger (WooCommerce) and put it in the payload of the webhook without defining the properties?

@nicksimard - sound exciting, could you tell us more about the improvements and a possible timeline? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MarijnVerdult

Try this setting on the Webhook using the Custom Request option.