Skip to main content

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

I want to send a post webhook to an affiliate tool in order to create new affiliate accounts. My request works fine in Swagger or Postman, but if I use the same json code in zapier, I get a weird error:

error: Email address is required

I tried custom webhook and the normal webhook from Zapier, both get the same error. This is the code (with dummy data):

Has anyone an idea whats going one here? Thanks in advance.

Stefan

Edit: Can’t edit the title, sorry.

Hi there, @Hansen. Welcome to the Community! 👋

In order to help troubleshoot this we’d need to have access to the API documentation for the app you’re sending the webhook through to. Are you able to share a link to where we can view that?

That said, it looks like there’s two email fields in the request (email and parent_email). Perhaps it’s the parent_email field that the error is referring to as it’s value is null.

Do you think that could be the case, or is the parent_email field an optional field?

Hi there, @Hansen. Welcome to the Community! 👋

In order to help troubleshoot this we’d need to have access to the API documentation for the app you’re sending the webhook through to. Are you able to share a link to where we can view that?

That said, it looks like there’s two email fields in the request (email and parent_email). Perhaps it’s the parent_email field that the error is referring to as it’s value is null.

Do you think that could be the case, or is the parent_email field an optional field?

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated. Here’s the API documentation: https://api.goaffpro.com/docs/admin/#/

I don’t think it has anything to do with the parent_email field. That one just stays empty. But even when it is filled with an actual email address, I get the same error.

Hi @Hansen 

Good question.

Can you share detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error?

Can you share detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error?

Sure. This is the workflow:

And this is the configuration in the webhook step:

@Hansen 

Try changing this to be “parent_email”: “”

@Hansen

Try changing this to be “parent_email”: “”

Tried that already, it makes no difference 😞

@Hansen 

Make sure all leading/extra/trailing whitespace is removed from the Data section.

@Hansen

Make sure all leading/extra/trailing whitespace is removed from the Data section.

Good point, thank you. I removed every whitespace, but the error stays the same.

@Hansen 

Make sure to set these Headers:

• accept
  • Content-Type

@Hansen

Make sure to set these Headers:

• accept
  • Content-Type

Troy, you’re amazing 💪🏼 The content-type did id. Didn’t pay attention to it since it was set automatically in my other tools. I’m really happy now, thank you.