Skip to main content

Hello Zapier team !

I am trying to use Beta feature of Slack integration to perform API requests with Slack API. The thing I try to do is to add a reaction to a specific message.

However, when running the API call, I get the error from Slack that I don't have the permission to create a reaction to a message. I guess this permission is not asked when connecting to Slack by Zapier.

Is there anyway I could add this permission manually? Any plan of adding this feature inside the core plateform?

Thank you !

Henri

Hi @moba-tech 

Welcome to Zapier Community ! 

So in such cases you will need to use a Webhook instead of the App Extension or API Request, I ran into a similar problem with Webflow and this is the way I went. 

The solution with a webhook is not ideal, since it’s a different app, that means the bot needs to join the channel to add the reaction (vs already in the channel when it’s the same app)

When looking in Slack’s Zapier’s integration page, I see that this permission is in the “default” permissions, so I wonder why it’s not available when using the API Request action.