Best answer

'Send Envelope Using Document in Docusign' The app returned "Unauthorized".

I am making a zap in which I use a webhook to connect to glide and then I send an envelope using a document (obtained from the Glide data) to docusign.

However, every time I've tried it gives me the same error: 'Failed to create an envelope using document in Docusign. The app returned "Unauthorized".’

Although I've read the troubleshooting guide for this type of error, I can't seem to understand what is happening, given that if I instead use the option "Send Envelope Using Template” it works correctly.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 May 2024, 09:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aaeilrv 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode along with the error.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, this is my setting:

And this is what happens when I click on test step:

What I find odd is that, if instead of sending an envelope using a document I use a template, it works correctly, as you can see in the third step of my zap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aaeilrv 

We need to see screenshots from the ‘Action’ tab section.

@aaeilrv

We need to see screenshots from the ‘Action’ tab section.

@Troy Tessalone sorry, I had added them but looks like they got deleted accidentally. Here they are:

Note: I have tried both adding and not adding a template ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aaeilrv 

Make sure the url is a publicly accessible direct download link.

Check the field description for guidance.

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

@Troy Tessalone Thank you, I changed the file's settings and I don't get that error anymore.

However, I now get this:

I searched on google for this error and got into this thread, which says it's a bug that until a month ago hadn't been fixed yet. I suppose I cannot do this integration meanwhile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aaeilrv 

A possible workaround to explore is to try using the DocuSign API: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @aaeilrv,

The error you’re running into is a known bug with the DocuSign app. I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Additionally, it might be worth it to reach out to DocuSign’s Support and inform them about the bug since they are the ones who maintains and updates their integration in Zapier.

Troy’s suggestion to use the API Request (Beta) action is a viable workaround. However, it’s an advanced approach our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side.

Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.