Question

Eventbrite Zap only creates Salesforce record for purchasers, not all attendees

My zap to pull event attendees from Eventbrite works except that it only creates a Salesforce record for the purchaser not all attendees. So if a person buys two tickets, only one name comes through.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @r3evans 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Help articles for using the Eventbrite Zap app that may provide guidance:

https://zapier.com/apps/eventbrite/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @r3evans,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Zapier setup. I understand that you're having an issue with your zap that pulls event attendees from Eventbrite to Salesforce. Specifically, it appears to create a Salesforce record only for the ticket purchaser, rather than for all attendees, when a person purchases more than one ticket.

This behavior is due to the way Eventbrite sends data about attendees. When multiple tickets are purchased in a single order, Eventbrite treats it as one event and only sends the details of the purchaser to Zapier.

However, there might be a workaround to help you capture all attendee data. We can create a zap that triggers on each new attendee rather than each new order. This way, every attendee, not just the purchaser, will be accounted for in Salesforce.

Please let me know if you'd like to proceed with this alternative solution, or if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm here to help!

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.