Question

ActiveCampaign error: The app returned, "The value for custom date field ID 25 looks invalid.

I am trying to connect my Teachable new users to Active Campaign. However I keep running into the issue. 

However the only fields that I’m importing are: email, full name, coupon code, and course name. Meaning NO date fields.

I tried converting every date field (even though not in use) to the requested format. But I am still getting the same issue.

Please help me figure out the issue I am totally stumped.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pujaagni 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see field types and field descriptions.

Here is what my Zap steps look like at the moment:

And this is what I have for that date format conversion:

However I am not inputting this information into ActiveCampaign. Yet I am still getting the 422 error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pujaagni 

For the Formatter step, you should only map in 1 Date variable from Step 1.

For the ActiveCampaign step, we would need to see screenshots with how the Formatter step output variable is mapped to Step 3.

Right now we have no date being mapped to step 3. Only the 4 fields from my original post are being added to ActiveCampaign.

However even before I added the formatter step i was getting the 422 issue, despite trying to add no date into the service. So this formatter step should not be the issue. Hence my confusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pujaagni 

If you have no variable mapped from Step 2 to Step 3, then remove Step 2.

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode so we can see ALL of the field types and field descriptions.

Here is everything I can see from the edit view for each step. Note that I am only trying to move full name, email, coupon code, and course name into active campaign.

The Teachable Step:

The ActiveCampaign Step:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pujaagni 

To help you troubleshoot:

Check the Custom Fields in AC to determine which has ID: 25

https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/221433307-Custom-contact-field-overview

Check the Contact record in AC to see if there is an invalid date value set for the custom field.

Try process of elimination by removing the mapped variable to see if you can isolate the variable that is causing the issue, if in fact a mapped variable is causing the issue.