Skip to main content
Best answer

Unable to pull from entries in WPForms: Error while retrieving: JSON results array could not be located.

I am Having this issue  any help?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @OwnerofGUARDIAN,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper, could you please check if you've selected the option “Do not store data in Wordpress” in WPForms. The webhook isn't performed correctly when that option is checked and might interfere with retrieving form data from the form. The option is called "Disable storing entry information in Wordpress" and can be disabled using this as guidance: https://wpforms.com/docs/how-to-install-and-use-zapier-addon-with-wpforms/#disable-storage

After that, kindly reconnect your WPForms account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/wpformsand test the trigger step again.

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊

Unable to pull form entries
Please reload the page. If the issue persists, troubleshoot error or contact Support.
Error code: Error while retrieving: JSON results array could not be located.

need help

Userlevel 1

im still having isuuses with this as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @hrlpmmeeeee and @OwnerofGUARDIAN,

If you have tried the suggestion I mentioned on my previous reply and you’re still running into the same error. I’m so sorry but it looks like you’re running into a known bug with the WPForms integration here.

Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with WPForms on a fix. I've added your email addresses as another affected members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have also run into this :(

I also checked to make sure Disable storing entry information in Wordpress was unchecked.

Any updates????

@ken.a / @SamB 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kellek 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re also running into this issue as well.

There’s no updates on this at present and I can’t give any estimate as to when it will be fixed by. But you’ve been added to the bug report which will help to increase it’s priority. And we’ll definitely to notify you by email once it’s resolved. 

Hello, I have the same problem as mentioned above. I checked the "Do not store data in Wordpress" option, but I still get the "JSON results array..." message and I can't connect my form to Zapier. And this is problematic because it's the only option I have to make this form work the way I want it to... Is there a solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @dindludovic.

I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by this issue. While I can’t make any promises as to when this will be resolved by, adding you does help to bump up the priority of the issue and allows us to send an email notification to you as soon as it’s resolved.

In my company we have the same problem. The strangest thing of all is that you have been promising to review this for over a year and the same thing keeps happening. As a developer I cannot understand why you are taking so long to resolve the problem. I think it is time for you to take this report seriously.

In our case we use Zapier to connect all our WPform forms with Kommo. If every time we create a new form we have this problem I do not see the point in continuing to use Zapier and even less so if it takes you more than a year to resolve the problem.

For now I have managed to connect the forms because I am constantly doing the test trigger until I manage to locate it. But now that I have created two new forms I have been unable to get it to work for two days, I always get the json error.

You say that activating "Do not store data in Wordpress" avoids the problem but it is not true in my case, it still gives the same json error, what's more, most of my forms have this option unchecked and I have managed to integrate it but as I mentioned before, by clicking on the test trigger countless times.

It is useless to us that you add us to a list of those affected, what would make us happy is that you resolve this after a year of reporting the error. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Enfaf! 👋

I’m really sorry your Zaps are also being affected by this issue.  I can’t provide an estimate for when it will be resolved by and I know you mentioned you felt it would be useless to add you to the list, however adding you will bump up the bug’s priority. So I’ve gone ahead an added you to help bring it closer to being resolved by the app’s developers. And you’ll receive an email notification from us as soon as it’s sorted.

For now, I’d suggest reaching out to WPForm’s Support team about these errors as well. They built and maintain the WPForms app on Zapier and will have access to the bug report through our shared issue tracking tool, but sometimes hearing directly from customers can help to speed things along!

Also, I did some digging on this end and in addition to the Disable storing entry information in WordPress option in WPForms not being enabled, it was noted that these errors can also be caused by:

• The selected form not containing any entries yet.
  • Access permissions, caching and/or firewall settings in WordPress or on the website’s hosting server itself that are preventing the form entries from being accessed.

Could either of those could be causing issues here? 

Please do look into the above and keep us updated on how you get on with this!

I have been getting this error message as well for the last 2 months. It has worked to just come back and retest in several days. Still ridiculous that it's been this long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @Solar2012. I’m so glad it worked when you to tried it again later on! 😁

I can see that our Support team have already added you to the bug report which will help to increase it’s priority. We’ll be sure to post an update in the thread here once it’s fixed and you’ll all get an automatic email notification the minute the bug report has been closed. Thanks for everyone patience on this in the meantime!