Skip to main content

This post is dedicated to providing updates on bug fixes, enhancements, and new features added to the Airtable <> Zapier Integration. Please refer to the comments below for the latest information changes.

New Feature! Find Record and Find Many Records searches can now do both fuzzy and exact-match searches 🆕 🎉

Previously, the Find Record and Find Many Records searches only did exact-match searches. This meant some searches wouldn’t find any records due to things like extra whitespace, searching for one specific value inside a multi-select field with multiple values selected, and other unexpected results. With a new “Search for Exact Match?” input field, you can choose whether you want to use an exact or fuzzy match for this search.

What This Means for You:

• Increased Flexibility: Choose between exact or fuzzy match searches to suit your specific needs.
  • Improved Search Accuracy: Avoid missing records due to minor discrepancies like extra whitespace or multi-select field values.
  • Enhanced Data Retrieval: More effectively find and utilize the records you need by tailoring your search method.

Use Cases:

• Data Cleanup: Use fuzzy searches to find records with minor inconsistencies for cleanup purposes.
  • Detailed Queries: Perform exact searches when you need precise results for reporting or analysis.
  • Enhanced Filtering: Retrieve records with varying levels of specificity to support different workflow requirements.

We've fixed the spike in "Invalid token" error messages 🐛🔧

The issue involved a spike in the error message: Trigger partner failure: The app returned "Invalid token."

Details:

Likely a byproduct of a migration of the Airtable integration’s usage of API keys to OAuth, some connections were getting this error from Airtable but still being marked as a “good” connection on Zapier’s side. These errors are now properly marking the Zapier connection as invalid so that you are appropriately prompted to re-connect.

What This Means for You:

• Improved Connection Accuracy: Connections that encounter the "Invalid token" error will now be correctly marked as invalid.
  • Prompt Reconnection: You'll be appropriately prompted to re-connect, ensuring your integrations function smoothly.
  • Enhanced Reliability: Overall reliability of the Airtable integration is improved, reducing unexpected disruptions.

We've fixed the New Record and New or Updated Record triggers 🐛🔧

The New Record and New or Updated Record triggers encountered a Trigger partner failure due to response payload size exceeding maximum limits.

Details:

Depending on the size of your Airtable records, our systems were sometimes unable to handle the data size, resulting in errors. We've implemented a solution to programmatically reduce the number of records checked for new/updated records. This ensures that record sizes remain within our limitations, resolving the issue.

What This Means for You:

• Improved Reliability: You can now rely on consistent performance of the New Record and New or Updated Record triggers without encountering payload size limitations.
  • Efficient Workflow: Automate processes involving Airtable records with confidence, knowing that trigger failures due to data size issues have been resolved.
  • Streamlined Operations: Reduce manual oversight as the system now manages record size programmatically, optimizing integration performance.

Want to know more about how to supercharge Airtable with Zapier?

Check out our latest blog showcasing 8 Airtable automation ideas.

Hi there,

Not sure this is the right place, but didn’t find elsewhere.

Could you please include in the roadmap of the Zap Editor to remove all the non-editable Airtable fields from the Create and Update Record actions ? Fields concerned are : formulas, lookup, … and they already are signaled with “This field is automatically calculated and does not require input”

So far when you add a step to create or update a record, Zapier retrieve and display all the fields from an airtable table, even those that won’t be editable - this makes the list really indigest and useless for tables with lot of fields.

If not hidden by default, at least this could be a toggle on/off (show/hide not editable field)

Thank you for considering this.

Regards

These are great. Thank you, Zapier Team. 

The major UX pain point of many, many people judging by all the community posts, YouTube videos, etc. with workarounds for the problem, is populating an Airtable multi-select field with Zapier. 

I am relatively technical, and even I struggle with it. To save time, instead of coding or trying to hack it with Zapier, I just use Parabola because they’ve made it so easy. However, I do not like having my workflows spread over so many stacks. I’d rather just use Zapier for general no-code tasks and keep my codebase for extremely niche workflows that no-code tools can’t perform. 

Please tackle this problem for us! Thanks in advance. 

Hey @DEEDA and @willgendron 👋

Thanks for reaching out and providing feedback. It’s so useful to understand how our customers can benefit the most from our integration updates.

We’ll be taking your feedback to our Integration Quality teams to see how we can improve your experience using Zapier with Airtable.  We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the future improvements made to this integration, but if there’s anything else you need, please reach out to our Support team here 🙂