Question

Zapier contact creation not appearing in HubSpot despite successful test

Userlevel 1

I made a simple workflow where I receive contact information from Clickfunnels and use that information to create a contact in Hubspot through Zapier and when I first set up the workflow it was fine, but now when I run a test with a new contact it will say it has created no errors then I go to Hubspot and the contact isnt there!. Also I dont think its the filters for the contacts as I checked all contacts and unassigned.

Please Help

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kkdogzz 

For us to have enough context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with screenshots from your Zap Runs history details showing the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

First of all thank you for you help and I think I have sent you the right stuff.

Look thats the history of the zap being successful:

And then these are my steps:

What I dont understand is that my first zap creating the contacts through hubspot worked but now it doesnt work anymore.

If you need anymore screenshots please tell me.

Thank you again for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kkdogzz 

Can you post screenshots for your Zap action step showing how the ‘Action’ tab section is configured?

Can you posts screenshots from your Zap Runs showing the DATA OUT for each step?

Userlevel 1

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

This is my data out

And then these are my actions selected:

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kkdogzz 

The screenshots still do not show the DATA OUT for the Zap action steps. (only Step 1)

The DATA OUT from the HubSpot steps will return the Contact ID that you can use to find the Contact in HubSpot via the URL.

Userlevel 1

Are you talking about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kkdogzz 

The ID shown in the screenshot is the ID of the Contact.

In HubSpot, click on an existing Contact, then view the browser URL.

The ID at the end is the HubSpot Contact ID.

Replace that ID with the ID you see in your DATA OUT from the HubSpot step to take you to the HubSpot Contact that was created by the Zap step to help you troubleshoot why you are not able to see it.

Also in HubSpot, on the Contacts list, you can adjust the columns that are shown to expose the HubSpot Record ID field and search/filter by that.

Userlevel 1

Thank you it says that i dont have permission to view the record is im pretty sure i am the admin of the account but i will check

If this isnt something to do with accounts and its something else please tell me thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kkdogzz 

It may be assigned to someone else in HubSpot.

Check your HubSpot Zap app connection: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Help articles for using HubSpot in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kkdogzz! 👋

Were you able to confirm you’ve got admin permissions in HubSpot and locate the missing contacts?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please let us know if you’re still running into some trouble with this - happy to assist further! 🙂