Question

Microsoft Excel worksheet not shown

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Good morning guys,

I can’t get around this one on my own and unfortunately the AI chatbot can’t either.

I want to do something pretty basic: get a notion table updating an excel table. Every time I enter a line in my notion table, I want this to feed my excel one.

• Notion part: no problem.
  • Excel part: it goes well until the worksheet. No worksheet is found (see below)

I am pretty sure there are thousands of post out there and some are surely spot on, but none of the ones I put my hands so far, turned to be helpful. So if there is anything you see as a match, feel free to share.

Here is what you need to know:

1. My Microsoft OneDrive account is a Family one.
  2. My excel file is an .xlsx
  3. I updated the page, clicked on “refreshed”, retried every time after each changes made.
  4. I tried with two tables, see below. The idea is: each table as defined rows and the second line filled. I also tried with more complex sheet with more data

Let me know if you need any other input from my side.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

William

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@William Saigon 

Help articles for using Excel in Zaps that may provide guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Try renaming the spreadsheet as Sheet2.

Make sure Sheet2 has headers in Row 1.

Is there an update to this problem? any work arounds? trouble shoot? I have the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @William Saigon and @Quikdraft! 👋

Just came across this and wanted to ask whether you’re using the Add Row or Add Row to Table Microsoft Excel action in your Zaps?

Thinking that if the sheets are set up as tables and you’re using the Add Row action then that might be why the worksheet can’t be loaded. If you’re using the Add Row action can you try switching to the Add Row to Table action instead to see if that fixes it?

Looking forward to hearing from you both on this!

I am having the same issue with the add row to table function I have retried moving my headers to the top row and renaming my sheets and it still cannot find the sheets even though it has found the workbook. Any Advice or is this a servers issue?