Question

Jotform error: A "Required field "display name" (display_name) is missing"

• 30 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I keep getting

“Required field "display name" (display_name) is missing”

When i input into the form on our site.  When we test the zap everything goes through with no issues and creates a contact. Submitting through our site we get the error and it does not import to JobNimbus

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Saratoga1 

For us to have more context, post screenshots of the error along with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

this is data in

display_name:

{{228002893__answers__Address - Street Address}}

first_name:

{{228002893__answers__Full Name - First Name}}

last_name:

{{228002893__answers__Full Name - Last Name}}

email:

{{228002893__answers__E-mail}}

record_type_name:

Leads 2023

status_name:

Lead

source_name:

Direct Web Lead

home_phone:

(518) 430-8710

address_line1:

{{228002893__answers__Address - Street Address}}

city:

{{228002893__answers__Address - City}}

zip:

{{228002893__answers__Address - Postal / Zip Code}}

When i run the test everything is sucessful and a contact is imported through Zap and Jobnimbus. When i test through the site this appears. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Saratoga1 

When you see the {{VARIABLE}} for the DATA IN in a Zap Run step, that means the mapped variable was invalid or had a missing value.

Check your DATA OUT from the previous Zap step where the data point was mapped.

You may need to use custom variables:

Still getting same error with custom variables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Saratoga1 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have context, along with screenshots of the DATA IN/OUT for your Zap Run.

here is screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Saratoga1 

PDF did not have updated screenshots with how the Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

As an example...the capitalization of the variables is different for the DATA OUT from Jotform vs the DATA IN for JobNimbus. (“address” is lowercase in one and propercase in the other)