Question

How do I fix a Zap that doesn't transfer date/time from Cognito Form to Knack?

Hi! I have a zap for a new entry in Cognito Form to create a record in Knack. The issue I am having is the Cognito Form is used to register for a guest parking pass. I have a date field and a time field, these are automatically generated when the user completes the form (shown below)

I have mapped my fields in the Zap (shown below)

But when the data gets to Knack the Permit Registration Time doesn’t come in at all. 

I am at a complete loss. The time is critical because that is when the “clock” on the permit starts… Any help is much appreciated!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @thekorean81 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Knack field is configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field type and field description.

The field may only accept values in a specific format. (perhaps without the seconds.)

If you need to adjust the Time value, then you can use a Formatter step: https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @thekorean81,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on.

Have you resolved this issue? If not, please let us know. We’re happy to help further!

@Troy Tessalone Here is a screen shot of the Zapier edit for Knack:

@ken.a I am still having the issue where the time is converting to many hours in the future. I’m pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.; Ha ha

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thekorean81 

In Knack, it appears the field “PermitRegistrationTime” is configured as a DateTime field.

It likely expects either a date or a datetime value, rather than just a time value.

You may need to change the field type if you want to just capture the time value.

@thekorean81

In Knack, it appears the field “PermitRegistrationTime” is configured as a DateTime field.

It likely expects either a date or a datetime value, rather than just a time value.

You may need to change the field type if you want to just capture the time value.

Here are the settings for the date/time field in Knack. The user selects to “Ignore the Date” or “Ignore the Time”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@thekorean81 

The submitted value is a different format than the Time Format configured on the Knack field.