Question

Google drive "Create Folder" "No options are available."

For my client (not using this account) I have this very simple Zap:

Trigger: New Database Item in Notion

Action: Create Folder in Google Drive

If created at the root, without selecting parent folder, it works perfectly.

But I cannot selected a parent folder :

If I force a valid value in Custom, I get a “Folder not found” type error.

I have tested:

• reconnecting
  • creating a new connection
  • turning the zap on/off
  • etc.

This is a big limitation for my clients, please advise.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ap101 

Help articles for using GDrive in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/help

Why can't I see my desired folder in the dropdown menu?

Google Drive requires you to be the owner of a given folder in order for you to be able to interact with this folder in Zapier, such as by uploading a file to the folder or triggering on a new file added to that folder.

@Troy Tessalone Are you saying that the Zapier Account Email has to be the owner of the folder? Or that the associated Google Drive Account connected needs to be the owner? I’ve tried both and it’s still not working for me either and I’m getting the same errors...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@scroll-automation 

The GDrive account connected to Zapier here needs to be the owner of the GDrive Folder.

https://zapier.com/app/connections

I’m having the same problem.

I’ve run other zaps with the same exact google drive account, no issue. Now running into this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try copy and pasting the Parent Folder ID in the “Parent Folder” field as a custom value? You can find the Parent Folder ID in the browser URL while inside the Parent Folder in Google Drive. Like so:

78587819505d12c0c9d779cf4d5befc4.png
(view larger)

a00804d4fc56ef55fec401ce78136206.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Hi Ken - 

I tried your trick of manually adding the parent ID to the custom field but it’s not letting me proceed. Can ypu take a look and see if I am missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KWitmer,

Based on your screenshot, the setup looks good. Have you tried testing the Google Drive action step after copy and pasting the Folder ID? Are you running into an error?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!