Question

Frame.io asset, wrong file type

I am trying to move Zoom interview recordings (around 320MB) from Zoom to Frame.io.

All the connections tested work, however the file uploaded is the wrong format and size. I can’t tell where my issue is. My video is not password protected - if you get the link, you can download without any permissions needed. The video file is just one file (not multiple video files from the same meeting because someone stopped the recording).

Where am I going wrong? it’s a pretty straight-forward zap.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @koneill 

Check the field description for possible guidance.

The mapped variable says “Files” which may mean there are multiple URLs.

If so, then that would create an invalid URL to try to download files from.

@Troy Tessalone  - how can I determine if there are multiple videos? When I follow that link, only one file is downloaded.

when I parse out the URL using a Zapier formatting step, it also only shows one URL.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@koneill 

Help articles to reference for using Zoom in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/zoom/help

I am having trouble downloading a recording from the New Recording trigger

To receive a URL that will allow you to download files from the New Recording trigger, follow these steps:

1. Go to zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording.
  2. Make sure “Only authenticated users can view cloud recordings” is set to OFF.
  3. Make sure “Require password to access shared cloud recordings” is set to OFF.

Image showing settings in Zoom that must be off for Zapier to receive recordings

At this time, the New Recording trigger is only able to provide accessible download URLs when those two settings are set to Off.

If you need to have one or both of those settings set to On, but would still like to download files from the New Recording trigger, please contact our support team, and we can file a feature request on your behalf.

@Troy Tessalone  - thank you. I had seen that article already and turned off any passwords. I know it isn’t private because the back-end data says “false” when looking at the private field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@koneill 

How you can test…

Copy the URL from the Zap trigger step.

Paste into a new/different private browser.

If that initiates an automatic download of the file, then that link should be able to be used.

If not, then the URL is not publicly accessible.

@Troy Tessalone  - yes, I have tried that. When I put in the URL it starts an automatic download for one video, that I can open and play from my downloads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@koneill 

Can you post screenshots showing what you mean by wrong file type and size?

@Troy Tessalone  - yes, here it is. Says the file type is “document”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@koneill 

Wondering if the Zoom Recording is too large (file size) to be uploaded in time while the Zap step runs.

Help articles about sending files in Zaps that outlines limitations: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps