Question

Filtering Yes/No form options to push or reject a lead from going into a CRM

I am using unbounce for my lead generation form. I have questions on my form that are yes or no answers. If a person selects “yes”, they move forward and are pushed into the CRM. If they select “no” I need to have them rejected and NOT be pushed into the CRM. I am trying to do this with Zapier filters. 

To be able to filter a form option, should I use a radio button (one for yes, one for no) or a checkbox (one for yes, one for no), or a drop down menu?

I have been trying to use a radio button where there are two options - yes and no. However, when I try to create a zapier filter for that, it is not recognizing the “yes” and “no” text. It seems that it instead wants “choice 1” or “choice 2” as the text. Is this correct?

So, how do I filter yes and no answers to form questions using a Zapier filter when there are only filters based on text -- not on choices/selections? Instead of filtering for the word “yes” or  “no” should I instead filter for the text, “choice 1” or “choice 2”?

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Peter27 

In Unbounce, you want to either use a radio button field type that only allows 1 selection or a dropdown field type that only allows one selection.

Try testing your Unbounce form, then in the Zap trigger step “TEST” tab, click the button [Find New Records].

Try configuring your Zap, turning it ON, then testing live.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Peter27, welcome to the Community! 😁

Were you able to get this solved by changing the field type in Unbounce as Troy suggested? 

Keen to help get things up and running here so please do let us know whether you’re still stuck at all - we’re happy to help further!