Best answer

Chatbot - using GPT4 not referring to knowledge sources

• 29 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have just upgraded to premium chatbot and it can use Zapier’s own GPT3.5 to refer to my uploaded knowledge source to answer questions. However, when I link my chatbot to my OpenAI account, and select GPT4, it cannot refer back to the uploaded knowledge source (although it functions well enough independently). Where am I going wrong?!

icon

Best answer by 700newtons 2 May 2024, 13:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @700newtons, welcome to the Community! 😁

This is most odd. I did some testing with one of my own chatbots and was able to select connect it to my own OpenAI account, select OpenAI GPT-4 for the model and ask it questions about the data in a knowledge source file I uploaded and it was able to reference the file ok. 

Did you re-upload the knowledge source file after switching the chatbot to use GPT-4 instead? If not, can you try re-uploading it and let us know if that helps to allow it to reference the file correctly?

If that doesn’t work, did it display any sort of error message when you asked the chatbot a question about what was in the file?

Also, was the question you asked the same as the one asked when you were testing with the GPT-3.5 version? Just wondering if perhaps the question might need to be re-phrased to get it answering as expected.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Thanks - I solved it now.

I think it was because I switched from the Zapier GPT 3.5 to my own GPT4. The files did not transfer, or something strange went on (and multiple uploads of the same file). Once I removed the old file and then reuploaded it for GPT 4, I had success.

Simon

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for the update here @700newtons! 🤗

Glad to hear you were able to get it solved by removing the old file and uploading it again. Seems like you’re all sorted for now but please do reach out in the Community again if we can assist with anything else. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡