Best answer

Want to check the order status if not fulfilled in 2-3 days, then want to trigger a message

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I wanted to create a zap that can check the status of orders from Shopify, and if the status is unfulfilled for the last 2-3 days. Then I can send a delay message to the customers.

Could anyone help me in creating such a zap?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 May 2024, 13:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Gaurav96, welcome to the Community! 

Ideally you’d use a Delay by Zapier action the Zap to hold things for 2 or 3 days, then use a “Find Order” type of action to check on the order in Shopify to see what the current status is. That would be followed up by a Filter by Zapier action (or a Paths by Zapier action) to check if it’s still unfulfilled and then a “Send Email” action would send out an automated email to the customer to let them know that there’s been a delay.

However, I’m not seeing any “Find Order” actions currently available for Shopify. We have an existing feature request for that sort of action to be added so I’ve added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises as to when it would become available to use but we’ll be sure to let you know by email you as soon as it is! 

In the meantime, I wonder if it might be possible to use a Webhooks by Zapier action to make a request to Shopify’s API to check on the current order status to see if it’s still unfulfilled. It’s a bit more advanced, so depending on your comfort level in working with webhooks and API documentation this may or may not be a viable option here, but thought it best to mention it just in case.

If you did want to explore using webhooks to search Shopify’s API for the order that trigger the Zap 2/3 day’s prior then you’ll need to use to reference Shopify’s API documentation here: Retrieve a specific order. And we have a guide in Community that talks about how you can use webhooks to update an order in Shopify which you might find helpful:

Essentially, you’d follow a similar approach to the steps mentioned in that guide but make a request to a different endpoint.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction here. Please do keep us updated on whether you give webhooks a try and are able to get it working as hoped. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just circling back in here to announce that a Get Order by ID search action has been added to the Shopify app on Zapier! 🎉

This action can search for an order using it’s ID and retrieve all of the available details for it. Please note you’ll need to use the latest version of the Shopify app on Zapier in order to access this new search action. Please see our Update to the latest app version in Zaps to learn how to upgrade your apps.

We hope you’re able to give it a try soon and if you run into any issues with it please let us know in the Community or contact our Support team and we’ll be happy to assist further. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡