Best answer

Has anyone used the CERTN API with Zapier?

We need to use CERTN to perform background checks on staff and contractors for our company, so we are going to automate the process through Zapier, since the rest of the onboarding is done via Zapier and other 3rd parties.

Since Zapier does not have any native integration with CERTN, I will need to use a Webhook and their API. Problem is, that their API docs, while full of great information, seem to be written from the perspective of integrating it with an employment service, like Workforce, Payworks etc

I am hoping that maybe someone else had a primer developed for how to use CERTN with Zapier? Or at least some tips.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 May 2024, 20:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jason Steele 

Which API endpoint are you trying to use?

CERTN API: https://docs.certn.co/api

Hi Troy

It would likely be the HR endpoint since it wouldn’t appear that Property Management fits. I am going down that path as I try to figure things out anyway. 

I am getting the idea on how to send out the request to an applicant and how to retrieve the data once an application is completed - IF we KNOW the application is completed. This is where I am missing something, because how is Zapier going to know the application is completed? We don’t have a pre-built trigger like other apps (ie Formsite’s “Form submitted” trigger) so I am guessing we would need a Zapier Webhook address to supply to CERTN for results (not sure how we do that)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jason Steele 

For the trigger that either has to be done via:

1. webhook event notification
  2. API polling on a schedule to see if there is new data

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook URL to configure in the origin app

Ah, yes - I had kind of forgot about Catch creating a hook URL - testing that with their service now. Hopefully, it does what it needs to.

Thanks Troy - the CATCH hook seems to be doing what I need now. The amount of data that CERTN sends back is crazy huge, so now to spend a day parsing out the pieces we need 😶