Skip to main content
Question

Uploading SFDC Attachment to Google Shared Drive Folder

• 22 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello - My desired workflow is once a SFDC Opportunity’s stage is updated to “Contract Signed,” the attachment PDF gets uploaded to Google Shared Drive - either through “Notes & Attachments” or a custom public URL we store as a field in the Opp.

We use the DocuSign & SFDC integration to send contracts and have a SFDC workflow that creates a Public URL in a SFDC field whenever there’s an attachment stored on the Opportunity and stage is marked “Contract Signed.” 

When I’ve tried to use the “Signed_Contract_c” field to upload into our Google Shared Drive, I get the following error and then when I select download, it errors again: 

Does anyone know a free way to upload the signed contract from the SFDC Opportunity as a PDF to google drive? I’ve also tried to search for the Attachment within SFDC using “Find Record” step but was unsuccessful. 

Here’s a screenshot of the Zap so far: 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @erusso 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your GDrive Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @erusso! 👋

I did a quick test in my own account and was able to upload a file from Salesforce with the following setup:
7bba61c4f107fa71db751901c3498381.png

I chose the file object which is why it says “(Exists but not shown)” on the selected File field but it should also work with a field containing a publicly-accessible link to download the pdf selected instead. Is the link that’s generated by Salesforce a link to view the file or a link to download it?

And does your set up on the Upload File step look similar to the above? If you can share a quick screenshot of how the Upload File step in your Zap is set up like Troy mentioned, that’ll allow us to better determine whether there’s anything on the set up there that might be preventing the file from being created correctly.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks! @SamB - could you share a screenshot of your zap details for the File object step? I’m not sure how to find the attachment of the opportunity that triggered the zap.  

Here’s the Google Drive step with the public URL:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB - just following up on the above. Can you provide screenshots of your File object step? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay in my reply here, @erusso

That File Object field was supplied by the New Record trigger which I set it to trigger when a new Attachment is created in Salesforce:

91194680d01dbcc2b430fe0f3b53d535.png

But if you changed your Zap’s trigger to the same trigger then I’d expect it wouldn’t give you details for the opportunity itself. So if the URL supplied by the trigger you’re using doesn’t give a publicly-accessible link to download the pdf file then you might want to try using a Find Record search action to find the file that’s associated with the opportunity that triggers the Zap. I’m thinking that action should return a similar File Object field.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it works as hoped?