Skip to main content
Best answer

Unable to see my Facebook page on the pull down menu on the trigger

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I am in the process of linking OpenAI plus account to facebook messenger via zapier.  Inside of zapier I cannot see any facebook pages available in the trigger pull down menue.

I have not created a web hook yet?  Do I need too?  Do I need to create a messenger app inside facebook developer?  

What do I need to do inside the facebook manager and facebook developer accounts to make this happen?  

Darren

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sitepacker,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please try inputting the Facebook Page ID to the “Page” field of the Facebook Messenger step. Like so:

6a526e23662e7218363554d63b682abb.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thanks for the support!  The zap is in draft mode and no successful test.   I have been working all this week to connect OpenAI to messenger on my Gunlaw page.  I have other pages I plan to connect to but this is my test page. 

I have created an app called Gunlaw inside of facebook business suite, not sure if I did it right or not.  

There is no web hook created not sure about that. 

Inside the business suite my page is inside my business portfolio ‘Darren E Chabluk Business’

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sitepacker,

Have you inputted the Facebook Page ID as a custom value in the “Page” field of the Facebook Messenger step? The Facebook ID should contain a numerical format. You can learn on how to find the Facebook Page ID here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1503421039731588

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Ok thanks I was able to find and add the facebook page ID 151147708251573 as a custom value in the ‘page’ field on the facebook messenger step. I clicked continue, did the test and the result is ‘no new message sent to page found’.  Looks like the page has been found but the message was not sent or detected.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sitepacker 

Did you test the Zap trigger step?

Yes I did the test.  It was not successful.  Did the test and the result is ‘no new message sent to page found’.  Looks like the page has been found but the message was not sent or detected.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @sitepacker 👋

I checked on this end and found a bug report that matches the behaviour you’re running into here. I can’t give any sort of ETA as to when it will be fixed but I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected by that bug so we can automatically notify you the minute it’s been resolved!

There’s no reported workarounds at present but if anything changes on that front we’ll be sure to follow up in the thread here to let you know.

Thanks in advance for your patience on this. If there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime please do let us know. 

Alright thank you for the diagnosis.  It’s better to know than not know.  

Is there a thread on this bug that I can watch?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I have the same issue. I could not find my facebook page. I still have access to the meta business manager.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Everything working now 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for looping back with an update here @Manolo777!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

I am running into the same problem so everyone else, I tried to put my ID in and it still does not work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KimJ1,

Could you please send an updated screenshot of your Zap? Please ensure to include all of the fields in the screenshot.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Same problem here. I can connect my FB account but not find the page.

O my god it works! I click the custom > then put the page ID inside the box, then wait for a while. Thank you for the solution!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Winnie! We’re glad to hear that the Page ID custom value workaround worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗