Best answer

Notion: Beta vs 1.1.5 -- Date field error

• 28 February 2022
  • 18 replies

So I set up a bunch of zaps from GCal & GMail to Notion (1.1.5) and I keep getting error messages. I’ve fiddled with resetting the zaps to Notion (Beta) and the data fields don’t show up. I cleaned out old stuff that we were using - not sure why we keep getting these error messages (probably something simple we’re overlooking...)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 March 2022, 12:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Henry318 

What are the errors?

Please provide screenshots.

Troy,

It seems that the zap changed from Notion (Beta ) to Notion (1.1.5) ?

Thoughts? (and thanks)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Henry318 

Check your Zap configuration mapping for field values between Zap steps.

If you still encounter the error, then consider opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Henry318!

Thanks for reaching out! I did some digging and it looks like you’re experiencing a known bug related to the Notion upgrade. I went ahead and added your email to the list of affected users. While I don’t have an ETA to share on when a fix will be available, we’ll be certain to send an email and keep this thread updated when there is!

In the meantime, there is a bit of a workaround:

If you're not using a date value in your Notion Database are you able to retest any steps in your Zap or Replay any "Errored" Zap Runs? Hopefully, they should be successful now.

If you're using a date value in your Notion database, take the following actions:

• Clear any "Extra Fields" you see in the Zap Editor
  • Select “True” or "False" in the Use Zapier Datetime Input Fields depending on your data
  • Map date data to the Start Date field (and End Date if appropriate) -- please note that Notion expects a YYYY-MM-DD date and will error if provided in a different format, see our Formatter action to resolve this

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 4.26.01 PM.png

I hope this helps! 🙂

I have the same problem :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well, @Cesar Blab. I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll email you with an update as soon as it’s been resolved. 

In the meantime, it may be worth giving that workaround Christina mentioned a try! 

Could I get on the email list, too? I’m experiencing the same problem. I attempted the workarounds and reset the zaps, but could not get the formatter action to fire correctly.

Hi, I’m having the same issue and the workaround does not seem to be working for me either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oof, I’m sorry to hear that workaround didn’t do the trick, @cbg1983 and @szepf. I’ve got both of you added to the list of impacted users! We’ll keep you in the loop as soon as a fix is ready. 

Userlevel 1

For those who tried the workaround but it’s not working, I noticed the new start date column is a lot more specific about the date format it would accept, so I had to do some format steps. 

Can I also please get added to the list :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@szepf I took a look at your Zap, and you chose False for the “Use Datetime Instead Of Date” field. In that case, you can only send through dates that are formatted as YYYY-MM-DD. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Everybody should be able to fix the errors themselves at this point by following the instructions in Christina’s post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I got you, @Lee! Glad to hear you were able to get it working with the Format step. We’ll keep you and the thread updated once this is resolved! 🙂

Userlevel 2

Please add me to the list as well. Another problem I have is that out of nowhere 36 Notions Connections appeared. It was only 2 connections weeks ago. What’s happening here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @PBDrivers. I’ve added you to the list of affected users. In the meantime, it may be worth giving the workaround Christina mentioned here previously a try in case that helps. 

With the additional Notion app connections you’re seeing, that is certainly very odd! I can see that you’ve also reached out to our Support team about this which is perfect. They’ll be better able to assist in investigating where those additional connections have come from and advise on how to get them removed. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that we’ve resolved the issue and the "Start Date" field is no longer required (unless an end date is set). If you’re still running into any issues carrying out the following should help to sort it:

• Clear any Extra Fields you see in the Zap Editor
  • Make sure to set Use Datetimes instead of Dates" to True or False
  • If sending dates only (Use Datetimes instead of Dates == "False"), it only works if you send YYYY-MM-HH format

If you’re still running into trouble after trying the above please contact our Support team who will be happy to further assist! :slight_smile: 

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well. Another problem I have is that out of nowhere 36 Notions Connections appeared. It was only 2 connections weeks ago. What’s happening here?

I had the same problem, basically every step where Notion was used turned into it’s own connection for some unknown reason. I went through and manually fixed mine which was a pain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Lee! Are you still running into this issue? If so it might be worth reaching out to our support team to do a bit more digging for ya.