Best answer

No options listed under 'Choose a Sheet' for Smartsheet trigger

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there,

I’m trying to set up a new workflow with a Smartsheet ‘New Row’ trigger. However, when I come to select a sheet I’m not presented with any options. I have connected to a Smartsheet account that already has some zaps linked to it so I’m not sure what’s going on.

It’s worth noting that I have thousands of Smartsheet sheets linked to my account, so I don’t know if it’s timing out while trying to load them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 May 2024, 16:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Phil Robbins 

If you know the Sheet ID, then you can try setting that using the ‘CUSTOM’ tab.

Smartsheet help articles: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495976241805-Common-Problems-with-Smartsheet

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone that did the trick. Thanks a bunch!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Phil Robbins! Thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m always keen to understand root causes, so any insight into the reason why no results are loading would be helpful. Good to have a workaround though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Robbins! 👋 

Just came across this thread and wanted to share some insight as to why the spreadsheets aren’t loading. I’s likely due to the large number of sheets on your Smartsheet account that’s causing the sheets to not be loaded. There’s a feature request open for the ability for the Choose a Sheets field to support the loading of sheets with accounts that have large numbers of sheets so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises as to when/if that will be implemented but we’ll definitely let you know once it is!

For now, using the Custom value option to manually select the sheet by entering it’s ID is the only known workaround at this time. 

If there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime please do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@SamB thanks for the follow-up - much appreciated. I do have a vast number of sheets associated with my account, so would be happy to help with the testing of this feature when it’s ready!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome, @Phil Robbins! Thanks for the offer, that’s very kind of you! 🤗 I’ve made a note on the feature request to keep you in mind if the developers need anyone to help out with testing.