Skip to main content
Best answer

Bettermode authentication error: The app returned "Failed to generate Zapier access token"

• 24 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Since June 22, I noticed that Zapier has not been functioning properly. Upon checking, I found an error message stating, "Thie auth is expired."

When I tried to reconnect using the original API key, I encountered an error screen. To resolve this, I deleted and reinstalled the Bettermode API and generated a new API key, but I encountered the same error screen again.

Here is the exact error message I am seeing: 

authentication failed: The app returned "Failed to generate Zapier access token."

Google Chrome

What steps should I take to resolve this issue?

(+) The above was done in Google Chrome, when I tried to reconnect in Safari, the following error message -authentication failed: The app returned "Unauthorized"- appeared.

Safari

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @with 

Try reaching out to Bettermode Support for help with their Zap app integration on the Zapier Developer Platform.

https://bettermode.com/hub/apps-integrations/post/how-to-integrated-other-apps-with-bettermode-using-zapier-app-YC4KXqctGBaY25Z

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @with,

I did some digging into this, and it looks like the “Failed to generate Zapier access token” error is a known bug with the Bettermode integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Bettermode on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Additionally, you can reach out to Bettermode support since they are the one who maintais and updates their integration in Zapier.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends,

The Bettermode team have released an update to their app on Zapier which should have fixed the bug now! 😁🎉

To take advantage of the fix that was put in place please ensure your Zaps are running the latest version of the Bettermode app. That said, if you’re still experiencing issues please do reach out in the Community or get in touch with Support to let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡