Question

Xero online invoice URL?

• 10 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - i’ve had to create an SMS to Xero zap here to send xero invoices to customers (we have some that have no email address and/or prefer SMS). I can’t for the life of me find how to plumb the online URL to the Zap. Anyone able to point me to the URL/ encoding I could use for this purpose?

I realise Xero has the ‘copy link’ function but that doesn’t work for the automations i need.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @DaniT ,

I have not understood your problem clearly. Can you share screenshot of your Zap?

Userlevel 1

thank you. Pls see attached - i’m using DirectSMS with a zap to Xero. Essentially each time there is a new invoice awaiting payment in XERO, an SMS with the link to the online invoice (in Xero) is sent via the client’s mobile. Problem is i can’t find any documentation to reference the Xero Online Invoice - there’s no URL I can embed with the invoice ID parameter.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @DaniT ,

XERO does not has relevant action, but it has an API to get the invoice URL which you can view here https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/invoices/#retrieving-the-online-invoice-url

You can use Webhooks by Zapier to make custom webhook call.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @jayeshkumarbhatia !  Sorry to sound new, i'm only starting out with programming to help a friend with the system (its not my day job)

I managed to play around with the web hooks & API you suggested - I got this far (below) to try and pull out the online invoice URL for each unique invoice. Should I be outputing the url somewhere so I can get my SMS zap to recognise the output field?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @DaniT ,

The output will be generated automatically. You should refer the API link that i shared with you, it has documented everything.

Note - Webhooks by Zapier is an very advanced approach and i will suggest you to hire an expert from experts directory here (Or you can hire me also)